SIG dropped two new pistol optics this week based upon their military ROMEO-M17 sight. These ROMEO-X sights have a 20,000 hour battery life and come in a Pro model with a Romeo 1/Deltapoint footprint for duty sized pistols, and a Compact Model with an RMSc/P365 footprint for subcompact pistols. They use a circle dot reticle and will co-witness with standard height sights, which is a nice feature. MSRP is $459.99 and $409.99 respectively. Check out the overview from SIG:
Introducing the new ROMEO-X optics family. Built from the ground up with industry-leading functionality, the ROMEO-X is the result of our experience developing durable red-dot technology that’s trusted by the military and put into a streamlined civilian package. Featuring a CNC 7075 aluminum housing, intuitive adjustment buttons, a side-mounted battery compartment, and an ultra-low deck height that gives you the ability to co-witness with standard height iron sights. Designed, tested, and assembled in the USA, the ROMEO-X boasts direct mounting footprints for your favorite optics-ready pistols.
- Inspired by MIL-SPEC ROMEO-M17
- CNC Machined 7075 Aluminum Housing
- Patent-Pending Beryllium Copper Flexure Arm
- Distortion Free Aspherical Lens
- MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination)
- Circle Dot With Individually Selectable 2 MOA Dot & 32 MOA Circle
- Low Deck Height for Standard-Height Iron Sight Co-Witness
- 20,000 Hour Battery Life With Side Load Battery
- 15 Illumination Settings Including 3 Night Vision
- Assembled in the U.S.A.